This fun finger food requires little preparation. A fresh mix of crunchy beets and apple tops each canapé, offering a contrast of textures and delicious flavours in each bite.
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 beet, grated
- 1/2 celerystalk, minced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) prepared horseradish
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sour cream
- 24 1/4-inch (5mm) slices Ontario Kielbossa
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced chives or dill
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In bowl, combine apple, beet, celery, horseradish and sour cream. Top each slice of Kielbossa with about 1 tbsp (15 mL) of beet mixture.
- Garnish with chives or dill.
- Makes 24 pieces.
Per serving: about 20 cal, 1 g pro, 1 g total fat (0 g sat fat), 2 g carb, 0 g fibre, 5 mg chol, 85 mg sodium